To ensure that all our items are in good condition for the next hirer, when hiring outdoor clothing and / or equipment from us, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
PAYMENT FOR GOODS
- Full payment is required before items are hired, in cash, EFTPOS, bank transfer or credit card.
- If paying by credit card, we only accept Visa or Mastercard. Credit card charges apply:
- $3 if your total purchases are up to $100 or
- 3% if your total purchases are more than $100
REFUND FOR ITEMS RETURNED EARLY
- There are no refunds for items returned early as we have to cover our staff costs and overheads.
- A bond is required when you take any of our equipment out for hire.
- We only accept a valid credit card number, name on card, expiry date and CVC number.
CARE OF EQUIPMENT
- All clothing and equipment must be treated with good care and used according to instructions.
DIRTY OR DAMAGED RETURNED ITEMS
- We will charge reasonable cleaning costs, including freight (if items have to be cleaned off-Island) and staff times (staff time minimum $30.00).
- We will charge for the repair of damaged items, including repair costs, freight (if items have to be repaired off-Island) and staff time (staff time minimum $30.00).
- If damaged beyond repair, full current replacement cost is required, including freight costs and staff time (staff time minimum $30.00) for replacing items.
- If hiring cookers and buying gas bottles, ensure they are only assembled / dismantled outside or in well ventilated places (window or door open) and away from naked flames.
- Only use in well ventilated places – open a window and never use cookers inside a tent.
- Ensure you only turn on low when first lighting, then adjust the flame accordingly.
- Do not use the cooker where it can get knocked over or a draught can blow out the flame.
- Never leave your cooker unattended when it is in use.
- Let the cooker get cold before dismantling and packing away.
- Goods must be returned clean and in good order.
- Goods must be returned on the agreed date and time.
- $20.00 will be charged for late returns, in addition to the standard charge per item per day.
- Goods must be returned only to our Ruggedy Range Booking Office / Outdoor Shop where gear was hired (14 Main Road, Stewart Island).
ENSURE YOU HAVE TAKEN YOUR PERSONAL BELONGINGS
- Please remove your personal items out of pockets, packs, sleeping bags.
- If you leave anything and you require that it is sent to you, we will charge freight and administration costs.
DROP-OFF OR PICK-UP OF GEAR
- We charge $20.00 if you want, per drop-off or per pick-up of items within Stewart Island.
- We charge relevant freight costs and $15.00 if you want items sent to Bluff or Invercargill or delivered back to us from Invercargill or Bluff.
See our Do’s and Don’ts for things that will help you care for the equipment and ensure they will last a long time: