COVID-19 Regulations and Hygiene Requirements
We have a detailed COVID-19 Health and Safety Plan which has been approved by Qualmark.
In general and especially during the current COVID-19 World Pandemic we require you to follow good hygiene practises to ensure the safety and wellbeing of yourself, other clients, our staff and third parties. Our staff have the right to refuse your participation at our Outdoor Shop if you do not comply and there is concern for their safety and well-being and that of others.
This is a small business, operating in a. semi-remote location. If our staff become ill, we will need to temporarily close our business as it is not possible to find relieving staff. Please respect our terms and conditions.
- We will require all our customers to be vaccinated except for anyone who is unable to be vaccinated for valid medical reasons or not eligible including children.
- Vaccine passes and a photo ID must be made available to our staff to allow them to verify your vaccination status.
- From 15th December 2021, all persons aged 12 years must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to stay in Department of Conservation huts and campgrounds. Vaccine passes must be presented to Department of Conservation wardens at these facilities.
- You must not visit our Shop if you have any cold or flu symptoms or are waiting for the results of a COVID-19 test, or have been asked to isolate.
- You must comply with Government regulations for our current COVID-19 Traffic Light setting, including:
- If 12 years and over, scan our QR Code and turn on Bluetooth or manually record your visit with us;
- Wear a recommended face mask securely over your mouth and nose, if required to do so unless you have an exemption. At a minimum you must wear a medical mask (scarves and neck warmers are no longer suitable);
- If you have a mask exemption please notify our staff at the time of booking. At the time of the booking, we will advise you of the social distance requirements that we encourage you to follow;
- Follow social distance rules if required to do so;
- Always follow good hygiene practises: cough or sneeze into your elbows, use hand sanitisers (if you are able to), wash and dry your hands regularly, avoid touching your face, nose and mouth, use clean tissues and dispose of them safely.
- Adults are required to supervise children in our Shop.
- We will provide hand sanitisers and some other hygiene products at our Shop.
- Please avoid shaking hands with or hugging our staff. We will greet and welcome you in an acceptable manner.
- Give our staff and other customers acceptable space if they require this.
- Be considerate and kind towards others and our Staff.